Friday, October 1, 2010

It's Official!

The keys to the house
So we got the keys yesterday!  Everything went through and the house is officially ours!

Yesterday I started measuring to figure out how much paint we'll need.  If anyone was watching, they'd probably have gotten a good laugh as I wrestled with the tape measure.  :)

Today I'm going to the house to measure and scrub down the cabinets because we're starting with them first.  I also will start taping some stuff. 

We still haven't quite decided on the color...  I realized that we can't change the color of the kitchen because it's one whole wall with the rest of the dining and living and hallway! ... So I guess I'm stuck with the mocha...well actually compared to some of the paint chips I brought back from Home Depot on Wednesday, it's actually more of a taupe.  And from looking at various pictures online, I think it's best we stick with that darker brown... I can probably bring in more color around the window and maybe above the cabinets or at the breakfast bar...  I'd like to stay away from brown and blue...maybe orange and brown?...there are are a lot of kitchens with brown and white...and all our appliances will be white...

Where I plan to have a kitchen window herb garden
Need to set up some shelves
Also will add color to kitchen with "window treatments"








After scrubbing down the cabinets today, we'll start taking off the doors and hardware and start sanding it down.  The flat surfaces seem easy enough, I'm worried about the cabinet molding (?).  I guess we'd do that by hand?  We'll go get the paint tonight and tomorrow is marked for painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment